The InPlayers are pleased to announce auditions for the Cole Porter musical Nymph Errant in the Polanentheater. Performances will be on July 6,7,8,9, 2017.
Nymph Errant is the light-hearted story of Evangeline Edwards, who graduates from a finishing school in 1933. She and her classmates are encouraged by their teacher, Miss Pratt, to "experiment", in the broadest sense possible. What follows is a romp through Europe with plenty of opportunities for snappy Cole Porter musical numbers, interesting dialogue, lots of accents, wonderful costumes, a few dance steps, exotic locations and a good time for all.
- Evangeline (needs to be a strong singer)
- 8-10 female roles (all ages and abilities)
- 8-10 male roles (all ages and abilities)
- chorus (male and female all ages and abilities) – including one or more of the following: dancing, singing, acting
We’re looking for enthusiastic committed team players who want to sing, dance, act and be helpful on or offstage. You will need to be able to take part in the rehearsal period and performances from February until July 9th. We will be rehearsing on Wednesday evenings and Sunday afternoons. All ages and abilities are welcome, there are parts for all! In order to take part in the production you need to be or become a paid member of the InPlayers.
Auditions will be held on Saturday and Sunday, January 14, 2017 at Crea from 12 to 5 pm.
Would you like to audition? Here’s how:
- send an email to Frieda Jacobowitz (firstname.lastname@example.org) by December 15, 2016 at the latest
- Let us know if there’s a specific role and or function that you are interested in auditioning for.
Hoping to hear from all of you who want to take part,
Christine Blakeley (director)
Frieda Jacobowitz (musical director)